Even though he is a southern California guy, he has coached at a few schools across the country, and is now the Head Coach at UC San Diego.
6 on 6 with Ricci Luyties, UC Sand Diego Head Women's Volleyball Coach:
1. What drew you into the profession of college volleyball coaching? I started when I had down time from the beach season. I really started to enjoy the challenge and results when a player improved.
2. If you could change one thing about the sport of college volleyball, what would that be? I would take away the overhand passing for serve receive. Sometimes I think all the skill techniques are being taken out of the game.
3. Who is the most famous person you have met and where was it? I went on a date with “Three’s Company” actress, Priscilla Barnes (only once).
4. Where is your favorite vacation spot? Just about anywhere in Hawaii.
5. What is the least enjoyable part of your job? Sitting in the office; answering emails.
6. If you could not be a coach, what could you see as your profession? I probably would have studied architecture in grad school.
Post a Comment
Please stay positive or at the minimum present constructive criticism - Negative comments or attacks upon other reader's opinions will not be posted.