1. Are you under contract? What is the length of the contract? What year are you in now?
2. What is the typical pre-season practice day?
3. What is the typical day for a volleyball player in the Fall? In the Spring?
4. What training room/rehab support is available for the players?
5. Do we practice where we compete? Do we share it with any other teams? What about the off season trainings? What time do we practice in the off season?
6. How does the team travel in season? Bus, vans, who drives, when do they fly? How do we travel in the spring season?
7. What Volleyball specific marketing and promotional efforts are made by the athletic department?
8. Where does the program rank in conference attendance totals?
9. What volleyball or athletic department specific academic support is available?
10. If a scholarship offer is presented - Is the scholarship for four years? Until graduation? What if the academic major mandates a 5th year of study? What about summer school? Does it cover housing in the campus apartments or only in dorms?
That should give you some stuff to work with on your next visit. Your PSA should ask questions and you should ask questions. But more than the question, make sure your radar is on full power when you listen to the answers. The coach should be very specific and detailed; you get a general or throw away answer, then this should be a red flag!