Things a Division I football coach never hears:
- That hotel is too expensive to stay in.
- The game time will be moved so we can accommodate other sports with competitions on Saturday.
- We don't have the budget to fill out your coaching staff.
- I don't know if we are going to be able to fund summer school.
- You can only buy one pair of shoes.
- Did you take a vacation day when you were not in the office last Friday?
- You can pick up the vans at the airport counter.
- The hotel's continental breakfast will be just fine for your team.
- You share a secretary with another sport.
- You share a trainer with another sport.
- You share a strength coach with another sport.
- You share anything with another sport.
- You are terminated with no severance package.
- Sorry, there is no courtesy car provided for you.
- This is not a contract position; it is a one year employment agreement.
- The money you raised will need to all go into the general fund.
- Will you move your training time so the band can practice on the field?
- Your budget spending is frozen for the remainder of the fiscal year.
Post a Comment
Please stay positive or at the minimum present constructive criticism - Negative comments or attacks upon other reader's opinions will not be posted.